Above, late Friday, the forecast is for a weekend of continuous and heavy rain. Ron took it upon himself to haul out a jackhammer badly in need of repair to chip out more stone and concrete and base material from the deck outside the kitchen, carving drainage to channel runoff away from the side door to the kitchen. We know from the history of Emerald Hill that water has penetrated this corner of the house.
Ron Dahlke files this week’s summary report:
- Started prep work on interior trim
- Started install on kitchen cabinets
- Tile install almost complete
- Received remaining interior doors
- Received front door
- Ordered and picked up shelf material for master shower
- Placed order for remaining light fixtures
- Verified model numbers for furnace and air handler
- Verified electrical switch and plug design
- Order glass doors and mirror for bathrooms
- Start interior doors and trim
- Finish kitchen cabinet install
- Measure template for solid surface counters in kitchen
I’ll let you know when the countertop guy is coming out to measure so we can discuss overhang, edge, and support details for the island.
Once we finish trim, we paint, we do flooring, we do misc issues, and then it’s a push to wrap up.
Steven observes — read that last sentence closely — “it’s a push to wrap up.” That is the first acknowledgement that this remodel is going to finish!