“We had a good week.” Ron Dahlke
Above, Cris, at left, and Ron from Ranserve doublecheck all the door sizes, right or left hand swings. Ron’s temporary desk is a box made of HVAC duct board.
Ron Dahlke delivers this week’s summary:
- Passed inspection on sheathing
- Passed plumbing rough
- Continued on framing
- Installed Tyveck waterproof system
- Received and Installed windows
- Ordered pocket doors
- Started siding
- Started plumbing
- Set can lights
- Verified all interior doors sizes
- Started HVAC
- Met with Aaron on site for initial measurements for kitchen cabinets
- Met with mason on brick repair
- Met with shower pan contractor
- Met with roofer on roof repairs
- Roofer replaced turn back flashing
- Ordered and received head flashing for windows
- Pour cement back into holes in slab from plumbing drain excavation
- Continue on plumbing
- Continue researching fire-rated wall assembles in garage with Brett Grinkmeyer, architect
- Finish framing
- Finish siding
- Finish HVAC
- Start electrical
- Meet with Wendy for wood floors
- Meet with insulation company
- Order interior doors
- Order door pans
- It would be good to select a low voltage company next week.
Additional notes from Steven:
- With the siding going up, Ron and Mark tasked the Leons with picking out exterior paint colors.
- Steven and Ron met with candidate contractors for low-voltage, security, network, AV wiring; Steven is reviewing quotes.
- Steven met with Mark Rehberg from Ranserve to discuss addition of a potential third garage bay at back of existing two-bay garage — Jadin will way too soon be 16 and driving, and Steven needs a parking spot for his table saw and other power tools. Steven called Brett Grinkmeyer to request sketches. Brett will discuss parameters with Mark from Ranserve.
- Jacquela and Jadin visited the house every day this week. Progress is dramatic. This is the week when everyone fired on 12 cylinders.