Above, Peter installs the casing around a passage that does not get a door — at the passage from the entry hall into the dining room/library. Beyond, in the entry, Shane installs window trim and baseboard.
- Ranserve submitted Draw #5 for payment.
- Brett Grinkmeyer, architect, visited Emerald Hill today with his copy of Draw #5, to review progress and completion to date. His first visit in several weeks. “I’ve been following the web site to keep up,” he reports.
- Ron Dahlke and Steven took advantage of Brett’s visit to ask for ideas on how to solve the grout lines that do not align in the master shower. Brett suggests a smaller tile — one, two or three inches, maybe four or five, laid as a mosaic, in a concrete black that matches the black tile floor that will be chipped out, or a complement to the gray wall tile that we hope to retain because taking it out is a much-larger removal project. Steven put a call in to Renee at ProSource to begin researching tile options.
- Brett and Steven also pulled out a tape measure to doublecheck the dimensions of the garage extension as the beams are dug for the foundation. It is spot on.
- Brett asks to photograph Emerald Hill for his portfolio. “Of course,” Steven replies.
- Ron reports that the hickory flooring may be delivered as early as next week.
Share. Link. Like.