- Habitat. Lauren Gregory from Habitat scheduled pickup for 24 June of items staged in the garage for donation.
- HVAC. Kyle Bacon at Elite HVAC and Bryan Mitchell at Carrier are reviewing the HVAC systems and selections. Ross Britton finalized bath vent/light units with Elite. Elite updated quote to include vent/light units selected by Steven.
- Doors. Ron Dahlke from Ranserve obtained quote for potential front door from Brian Wolter at Stock Building Supply. Steven will review with Ron. Still waiting on additional exterior and interior door quote from BMC West.
- Countertops. Steven is scheduling a meeting with Kim Strmiska at Austin Stone Works to walk the “boneyard” for “remaindered” material left over from other jobs that might be adopted for use as shelving in the master shower and at the fireplace hearth.
- Plumbing fixtures. Steven received updated quote from Jonell Speak at Ferguson and forwarded to Ranserve and Jacquela for final review and approval.
- Kitchen appliances. Steven messaged Kristin Nauert at Harway with questions about the appliance selections, working toward final review and approval.
At left, the blocking was turned sideways and cut to shreds. At right, the blocking was cut by half. In the middle, the blocking is, well, holed beyond integrity. And the ceiling beams are compromised.
Building code today prohibits this.
Steven is thinking that taking the house down to stud is a smart decision.
CPI is not the Consumer Price Index.
When it comes to remodeling, CPI is the acronym for Critical Path Items — the decisions that must be made or everything else cascades to failure and delay.
Today’s assignment from Ranserve is to finalize the plumbing fixtures — toilets, showers, shower heads, sinks, drains, faucets, etc.
Steven met today with Jonell Speak at Ferguson to go over every item in four pages of fixtures previously selected during three meetings in person with Jonell and Jacquela, and countless email messages with Jonell and her assistant Herb.
Ranserve, the plumber and Jacquela are now triple-checking all that work.
Jonell would not allow Steven to photograph her to document the two-hour meeting. She did allow this shot of her desk.